While most people who follow me know that I make my living as a freelance photographer, taking photos for Philadelphia Weekly, booking weddings, and making art for the inside of books, fewer people know that I also publish fiction. I’ve written science fiction, fantasy and games.
But I’ve also done much weirder things for money. I’ve decided to make a list of all the things I’ve done that people have handed over cash for me to do.
Stuff I’ve Been Paid For
A List By J.R. Blackwell
(Photojournalism, weddings, portraits, events)
(Science fiction, fantasy, essays)
Lecturing at a University
IT Help Desk
Selling Comic Books
Administration in Higher Education
Singing in a church choir
Running a simulation of the zombie apocalypse
While I no longer contort in a freak show, I still do a few things on this list, notably photography and writing fiction. If you’d like to hire me to do either of those things, you can contact me at email@example.com.
Interested in buying any of the things mentioned in this post? Here are a bunch of links!
- Evidence of a Baker: (Essay: The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Book)
- My Angel Gabriel (Science Fiction: Escape Pod (Podcast)
- The Third Apocalypse (Science Fiction: We Are Dust (Anthology)
- Coriolana (Science Fiction: By No Means Vulgar (Anthology)
- Women of the Empire (Steampunk (e-book, audio)
- The Mystery of the Thrice Dead Man (Steampunk: Ministry Protocol (e-book)